Saturday 2 May 2015

Bush day 7

Woke up before my alarm so was up and dressed by 4:30am. Went to the kitchen and made some coffee and got the coffee, tea and rusks ready for the drive. After prepping everything and doing the dishes, I sat with my day text and yearbook and relaxed to the sounds of the bush whilst waiting for the other 2 to wake. 

Once they were awake, we headed out toward the airstrip where I knew we could get a good sunrise. We got to the airstrip in time to get the last of the good colour. And from experience I decided to leave it at that - the actual sun rise is not so exciting. Fortunately for me, I spotted "something" on the next plain and decided we needed to go there. On arriving I was surprised to find 2 lion right next to me! The vehicle watching had not called it in or warned me so I drove within meters of these lionesses before I spotted them. We ended up having a fantastic sighting of them as they half heartedly attempted to hunt - either they were pretty useless at hunting or they really were not trying because with the amount of game around them, it should have been very easy hunting. After a few failed attempts at the impala, zebra, wildebeest and giraffe, they gave up, had a quick play time and then headed deep into the thicket where we lost sight of them. After that great sighting, we did a short drive before heading home.

For the majority of the rest of the day we relaxed, did some maintenance for mom, attempted to do banking (stupid app gave issues again) and just in general did as little as possible.

In the afternoon we headed out for a short drive to try find the lions again and were successful at seeing them (another unit called them in). After a quick drink at the bridge, we headed home to braai. I had quite a bit of fun playing with my new ultra wide angle lens and macro lens at the lapa and I ended up getting a few really nice shots. 






No comments:

Post a Comment