Monday 26 December 2016

Bush Day 2

After a slow start morning with blogging, coffee and my book, I eventually got up and the day started.


Obviously it was started with the family opening presents and followed by breakfast! Then, with the weather being so iffy, Mom opted to stay at home whilst we went and got the Landie from the office. 


The drive to the office was uneventful and we saw lots of general game. Having collected the Landie, I decided we needed a short drive (I was curious to see how Gareth and Danielle had gotten stuck). We meandered slowly in that direction and came across the poor people from Unit 29 who had lost their house on Friday to a lightening strike. These people were so bouncy and bubble despite everything and even despite that a few of them had gotten hit by lightening whilst trying to fight the fire!!! Really great lesson on positivity. 


After a fun chat with them, we continued to Mud Stucker's Drift where I immediately saw how they got stuck. The rest of the drive home was filled with good game sightings including vultures, wildebeest, bushbuck, giraffe, impala etc. Was amazing to see how much we saw despite the wind.


Back at home, Mom and I spent time sewing and crocheting before preparing lunch. Due to the weather, l we were going to sit inside for our yummy lunch of lamb, gammon, salads etc. 


In the evening we went for a drive and we're fortunate to see a pride of 11 lion in the area near Dad's tree. Really awesome. We followed them for quite a while and were entertained by tiny cubs playing! At one stage, we lost sight of them and decided to move on, as we were about to take the turn that Mom wanted me to take, a big female lion came out the bush right next to us! My poor brother got a huge fright but she slowly and calmly walked behind us with the other lions following her and the lioness with the cubs walking past in front of us. With the lions seemingly everywhere, I got a chance to play with my night vision and WOW!! I kept thinking someone was lighting them up for me because the lioness and 3 tiny cubs were so clear.


I have photos but on my big camera so will share at a later stage.


The evening ended with a small dinner and then a relatively early evening. We all drifted off to the sweet sound of soft rain on the thatch.



No comments:

Post a Comment